Last Updated: September 22, 2021
- Access, License and Privacy
- Access and License. Provided you are not under the age of thirteen (13), we hereby grant you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to access our Websites and use the Services only for your own personal and noncommercial purposes (the “License”).
- General Use License. All material found on the Websites and Services (including visuals, text, icons, displays, databases, recordings (sound, video or otherwise), media, and general information) is owned or licensed by us. You may view, download, and print material from the Websites and Services only for your personal, noncommercial use unless otherwise stated.
- Exceptions to the General Use License. Any material that is provided subject to different rights than those set forth in Section 2.a.i will be governed solely by such separately stated use rights. Examples of materials that are provided subject to different use rights include (i) material where credit is given to an outside organization, of which we do not own the rights to the material, or (ii) downloading of materials from the Websites or Services that include alternative use rights for the material at the location of the download (e.g. social media kit that has on website offering the kit an authorization to use only as a profile picture on Facebook or Twitter).
- Media Rights. Materials may be reproduced by media personnel for use in traditional public news forums unless otherwise stated.
- Restrictions on Use. You may not post material from the Websites or Services on another website, service or on a computer network without our permission. You may not transmit or distribute material from the Websites or Services to other sites or services. You may not use the Websites or Services, or information found at the Websites or Services (including the names and addresses of those who have submitted information), to sell or promote products or services or to solicit clients or for any other commercial purpose.
- Registration Policy and Account Security
To access the Websites or Services, or some of the resources they offer, you may be asked to open a Bedford Alliance Church Account and provide certain registration details or other information.
If you create, or are provided with, a username, password or any other information as part of our security procedures, please treat such information as confidential and do not disclose such information to any other person or entity. Your Bedford Alliance Church Account is personal to you and should not be used to provide any other person access to this Websites or the Services. To protect your security, as well as our Websites and Services, you must notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username or password or any other breach of security.
- Links to Third Party Sites
- Intellectual Property Rights; Content; Copyright Infringement Notification Process
- Your Content. The Websites and Services may allow or require you to post data, text, pictures, videos, recordings or other materials and information that will be accessible by visitors to the Websites or users of the Services (“Public Content”), or that will only be accessible by you or those designated by you (“Private Content”) (Public Content and Private Content, collectively referred to as “Your Content”). As between you and Bedford Alliance Church, you remain the sole owner of and solely responsible for Your Content. Bedford Alliance Church does not claim ownership of any of Your Content, but by submitting Your Content, you hereby grant Bedford Alliance Church a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid up, irrevocable, perpetual right and license to link to, reproduce, distribute, adapt, promote, display, and sublicense Your Content, including without limitation using Your Content in marketing materials for Bedford Alliance Church (e.g., photos from your Public Group Profile). While we retain these rights, we will do our best to contact you if Your Content will be used for marketing purposes. Bedford Alliance Church does not endorse, guarantee, or assume any responsibility, obligation or liability relating to Your Content, including without limitation liability for third-party claims against users of the Websites or Services for defamation, libel, slander, infringement, invasion of privacy, violation of publicity rights, obscenity, pornography, profanity, fraud or misrepresentation. Unless required otherwise by law or unable to determine the source of Your Content, Bedford Alliance Church will attempt to contact you before removing any of Your Content. However, Bedford Alliance Church reserves the right to remove any of Your Content at any time, with no obligation to notify you of the removal, where Bedford Alliance Church believes in good faith that such removal is appropriate. Publication of any of Your Content is at the sole discretion of Bedford Alliance Church.
- Prohibited Content. We want to maintain Websites and Services that are a positive, healthy experience for all. Therefore, while using the Websites or Services, you agree that you will not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Public Content or Private Content that: (i) is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, infringing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or is racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (ii) creates a risk of harm, loss, or damage to any person or property or a risk of physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to yourself, to any other person, or to any animal; (iii) seeks to harm or exploit minors in any way, including, but not limited to, by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise; (iv) violates, or encourages any conduct that violates laws or regulations or contains any information or content that is illegal; or (v) infringes any third party’s intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or other personal or proprietary rights or contains any information or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- Copyright Infringement Notification Process. If you believe that any content included on the Websites or Services is your proprietary work and has been copied in a way that constitutes an infringement of your copyrights in that work, please immediately notify us of any such copyright or other Intellectual Property Rights infringement.
- Disclaimer of Warranties/Limitation of Liability
Except where prohibited by law, in no event will we be liable to you for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental or punitive damages, including lost profits, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. You expressly understand and agree that any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Websites or Services is accessed at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any downloaded material.
The Websites and Services may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we have no control over, are not responsible for the availability of, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for, any Content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from other sites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible in any way for any damage or loss caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any site or resource.
- Injunctive Relief
- Arbitration Agreement and Waiver of Class Action
- Any claim that qualifies as a small claim in a court of limited subject matter jurisdiction must be brought in such court; and
- Any claim for injunctive relief may be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction to enjoin intellectual property infringement or misuse.
You may opt out of this agreement to arbitrate by providing written notice of your intention to do so to Bedford Alliance Church within 60 days of the earlier of your first use of the Websites or Services or your creating a Bedford Alliance Church Account.
- No Waiver; Severability
This Agreement does not establish any relationship of partnership, joint venture, employment, franchise or agency between you and us.